From the Organizers
“Mind Our Democracy is a community of meditation, mindfulness, and yoga practitioners who recognize voting as an extension of contemplative practice. When we participate regularly and fully in our democracy, we protect its integrity and contribute to our collective well-being.”Mind Our Democracy
“Voting matters because it’s an opportunity to express ourselves in service toward bending the long moral arc of the universe more toward beauty, safety, and justice for all.”Reggie Hubbard, Mind Our Democracy video
“Voting matters because we cannot afford to sit around and abdicate our responsibility while hard-won freedoms are being lost. Our practice demands it.”Rev. angel Kyodo williams, MOD video
“When we mind our democracy, we’re minding or caring for our collective well-being.”Tara Brach, Mind Our Democracy video “It really is an expression of our love.”Gullu Singh, Mind Our Democracy video
“We need to use fierce compassion. We can’t just be happy or complacent on our cushions.”Kristin Neff, Mind Our Democracy video
“This is the moment. This midterm election is essential to American democracy. And together we are more powerful than we can even imagine.”Konda Mason, Mind Our Democracy video
“Spirituality and politics are interconnected. Participation in the process of democracy, and politics, constitute a spiritual expression of care for our neighbors and contribute to greater collective well-being.
“There is collective wisdom that is harnessed in a fully functional democracy when everyone participates. So, when we Mind Our Democracy, we are doing our part to shape our communities through the electoral process.”Mind Our Democracy
How to Get Involved
- Vote in this upcoming election and beyond.
- Talk to people in your life about voting and collective action, and share Mind Our Democracy’s video and website to inspire others to vote.
- Check out VoteForward, a letter writing campaign to reach low frequency voters in swing states in a non-invasive manner.
- Attend a DharmaVote session. DharmaVote works with Get Out the Vote organizations to help volunteers plug into letter and postcard writing, texting, and phone banking, candidacy and topical campaigns to encourage voter turnout and combat voter suppression. Learn more about their letter writing campaigns here.
- Visit Mind Our Democracy’s Take Action page, where you can learn about your voting rights, check your registration status, find your polling place, learn about volunteer opportunities, and more.
- Join Mind Our Democracy’s newsletter to get updates and stay connected.
|↑1||Mind Our Democracy|
|↑2||Reggie Hubbard, Mind Our Democracy video|
|↑3||Rev. angel Kyodo williams, MOD video|
|↑4||Tara Brach, Mind Our Democracy video|
|↑5||Gullu Singh, Mind Our Democracy video|
|↑6||Kristin Neff, Mind Our Democracy video|
|↑7||Konda Mason, Mind Our Democracy video|
|↑8||Mind Our Democracy|