Table of Contents
Who we are
You can learn all about One Earth Sangha, our team, mission, and strategy starting here.
- Our website address is: https://oneearthsangha.org.
- One Earth Sangha is a fiscally sponsored project of Inquiring Systems, Inc. EIN: 94-2524840
Our Information Management Practices
What information do we collect?
When registering for trainings, webinars, newsletters or other content or when making a donation on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, and email address. If you are making a donation or paying a registration fee, we may also ask for your mailing address, credit card information or other details to complete the transaction.
Our Pledge Not to Share
Your trust in us is paramount. We will not sell or otherwise share any personal contact information with any third party without your written consent. In order to provide our content, we use outside vendors for electronic mailing, Constituent Management (CMS) and payments, all of whom are obligated not to share your personal information. We take great care to ensure that we only chose the reliable software solutions so that your data stays secure.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register for content, make a donation, or subscribe to a newsletter on our site.
All searches performed using the internal site search are logged in the database, including the following information: the search query, the number of hits found, user ID for users who are logged in and date and time.
How long we retain your data
The search logs are stored for 30 days before they are automatically removed.
How do we use your information?
We use the information we collect from you for the purposes described above so that we can send you requested information via email, process requested payments or enable requested access to our content.
How do we protect your information?
Protecting your data is vitally important. Accordingly,
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Access and Anonymize Your Data
You can view and manage all the data we are storing in connection with your email address here. Specifically, you can request that we anonymize those entries.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
You can change your personal information:
Do Not Track signals
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Third-party behavioral tracking
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email within 7 business days
- We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
In compliance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
How to Opt out
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. Alternatively, you can use the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Your experience will not be adversely affected if you elect to turn cookies off. However, your usage patterns will not contribute to our design improvements.
Expected Response Time
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
This Page Last Edited on March 6, 2021