Contemplate Externally, Contemplate Internally
In honor of Earth Care Week, we invite you to join us for 90 minutes starting today and for the next five Sundays to contemplate externally, the state of our planet, and contemplate internally, what arises and how we might skillfully respond. The Dharma and the Sangha are here to support you. We would love for you to join. If you can’t make any of the calls, you can find the recordings here.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The conversations start October 5 and run every Sunday through November 2 from 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm ET
- All conversations are free with the invitation to donate
- The conversations will be recorded and posted here on our site. You can join the series even after the first conversation and it’s fine if you miss one.
- We invite all who attend the calls to read our background paper on climate change science and policy.
- We invite all who attend the calls to participate in the discussion group for the series on facebook. You can also post messages by emailing email@example.com
- It’s not too late to register and invite your friends! To see the schedule and register, go here.
- For questions on how access the conversation, see our FAQ
- Send us questions on the topic of Mindfulness and Climate Action and we’ll forward to the teachers!
Climate change, the greatest crisis of our civilization, threatens a sustainable environment that can support life on Earth. We have a short window of opportunity to shift this unprecedented challenge into a radically new way of being and living. Climate change has much to teach us. With mindfulness, we can see the deep interconnectedness of all systems that objectify and exploit people and planet. With mindfulness, we can turn towards inner and outer suffering, find the courage to take down our defenses and respond with wisdom and compassion. This is our calling to understand interdepence at a deep level and respond with our true nature based on that understanding. With the support of Sangha, we can awaken.