At the conclusion of the EcoSattva Training, we invite those who are so moved in confirming our commitment to health, vitality and ease for all beings, human and more-than-human, seen and unseen, near and far, born and yet-to-be-born.
These vows, like the metta or loving-kindness phrases, can be customized and tuned to fit the shape of your heart-mind, what will most inspire and sustain your EcoSattva practice. We can repeat them everyday as a reminder of our intention and be strengthened in knowing that others are expressing these same intentions.
Based on my love of the world and understanding of deep interdependence of all things,
- To live in Earth more lightly and less violently in the food, products and energy I consume.
- To commit myself daily to the healing of the world and the welfare of all beings; to discern and replace human systems of oppression and harm.
- To invite personal discomfort as an opportunity to share in the challenge of our collective liberation.
- To draw inspiration, strength and guidance from the living Earth, ancestors and the future generations, as well as siblings of all species.
- To help others in their work for the world and to ask for help when I feel the need.
- To pursue a daily spiritual practice that clarifies my mind, strengthens my heart and supports me in observing these vows.