The EcoDharma Program Producer will play a central role in developing One Earth Sangha’s capacity to bring the essential wisdom and practices from the Buddhist tradition to collective engagement on critical ecological crises.
One Earth Sangha was founded upon the premise that the Dharma’s potential to inspire, inform, and guide engagement on eco-social issues is both vast and largely unrealized. Our flagship program is the EcoSattva Training, an eight-session online course anchored by a diverse set of Dharma teachers and designed for small group participation. We are now developing new, complimentary programming to support ongoing engagement, practice, and connection around particular EcoDharma themes. We are seeking a program producer to take the lead on managing this full set of online offerings.
In collaboration with our team, the producer will
- Manage One Earth Sangha’s online EcoDharma Programs, including schedule and budget.
- Identify, recruit, coordinate with, and prepare featured guests.
- Collaborate with teachers and staff on content themes.
- Work with teachers and staff to develop and produce session materials.
- Take the lead on promoting programs with assistance from team members.
- Develop tools and processes to support transparency, collaboration and efficiency (e.g., policies, best-practices, tracking tools, etc.)
Qualified candidates will have
- Interest in Mindfulness and/or Dharma traditions.
- Interest in developing meaningful responses to ecological and social justice issues.
- Developed awareness of and demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Strong organizational skills: proficiency in developing and administering processes that are collaborative and efficient.
- Experience in and enthusiasm for running small projects or programs.
- Attention to detail and follow-through: able to detect, prioritize, and resolve issues.
- Strong communication skills: able to effectively communicate ideas and feedback, in both spoken and written form, in ways that serve agreed-upon objectives and build the team.
- Proficiency with online technologies including Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets, task management systems, Zoom, etc.
Highly-qualified candidates will have
- Love for the Dharma and a sense of its potential role in meeting eco-social crises.
- Experience running medium to large projects or programs.
One Earth Sangha is actively broadening the perspectives that contribute to our mission. We highly encourage, and will prioritize, candidates with non-dominant identities and lived experiences, especially those who are Black, Indigenous, or other persons of color.
- Hours: 15 to 20 hours per week
- Compensation: $20-25/hour; unfortunately, we are not in a position to offer benefits
- Location: anywhere whose time zone is within three hours of US Eastern Time
- The producer will provide their own computer, phone and phone service, reliable internet connection.
- If the producer identifies as Black, Indigenous, or a Person of Color, one-on-one mentorship and support is available from one of our Guiding Teachers of color.