EcoSattva Training – FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
This is the list of frequently asked questions pertaining to One Earth Sangha’s EcoSattva Training.
What if I'm not familiar with Buddhism and/or don't have a mindfulness practice?
Without exception, everyone is invited to be a part of this training. Our only criteria for participation with others is that you engage the material with a sense of curiosity and thoroughly respect differing points of view.
What are the dates for the course?
- The course officially opens with a live, online, 2-hour session on Sunday, October 16, 2016 9:30 am PDT. Note that if you’re not able to join this session, it will be recorded and available within a day for viewing.
- Starting October 16, registered users will have access to all course materials,
- You can move through the 5 core and 3 optional sessions at your own pace. We invite you to complete the series by December 11 in order to make the most of the live session that day.
- The course officially closes with a live, online, 2-hour session on Sunday, December 11, 2016 9:30 am PST. Again, if you’re not able to join this session, it will be recorded and available within a day for viewing.
Accessing the Course
What do I need to attend live video sessions on October 16 and December 11?
What if I'm not able to attend the live video sessions on October 16 and December 11?
We use the zoom platform for our live webinars which works on Macs, PCs, Android and iOS devices. You can download the small Zoom client here
When the meeting time comes, you have the option of audio-only or joining the video conversation. For the latter, you’ll need a good internet connection. If you want to contribute to the conversation, it’s best to be in a place without a lot of background noise.
If you’re joining from outside the US, the Zoom client will allow you to connect with both video and audio over the internet. If you won’t have internet access but still want to join the live session, here’s a list of all of Zoom’s in-country numbers.
No problem! Both of these live sessions will be recorded and made available on the Course Resources page within 24 or at most 48 hours. You, together with your group if you have one, can watch the full sessions on your own schedule.
What is included in registration?
Where can I find the recordings, homework and other resources for the course?
- Access to the live webinars on October 16 and December 11. After registration, you’ll receive information on how to join the video calls. You can join by computer or phone.
- Access to all session materials on the Course Resources page. After registration, you’ll be given a link to create an account on our site. Once you log in, you’ll be able to access all course materials which include recorded audio sessions, “homework” to prepare you for the audio session and optional follow-up resources.
- We invite you to reach out to members of your local community to do the training together. We’ll also try to do some match making for those interested in joining a group online
I'm having difficulty downloading and/or playing a session's recording. What do I do?
Once you’ve registered, you’ll have access to our Course Resources page
where all materials, including live session recordings, will be available.
Since these recordings are such large files, they’re especially vulnerable to any network interruptions. Try downloading the session again as a new file.
Do we need to complete the training by December 11? Will my account or access to the materials expire?
You can run the training with your group anytime for up to eleven months after which your account will expire. We request that you do not download and share these materials (unless those individuals are registered or the materials are available elsewhere on the internet) as the EcoSattva Training is a core offering of One Earth Sangha.
Are transcripts of the sessions be available?
Thanks to the generous efforts of volunteers, we’re happy to offer transcripts of each session on our Course Resources
Registration Fees and Dana
How much does this training cost?
What if I can't afford the registration fee?
See our registration fee structure
and let us know if anything is unclear with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
No one will be turned away from this course for lack of finances. Once registration opens, you’ll have the opportunity to contact us to request a lower fee or for the fee to be waved completely.
Will there be an opportunity to contribute Dana (donations)?
We invite you to engage in the practice of Dana, or generosity, to support these trainings and the work of One Earth Sangha. You can make a donation
any time or do so as part of registration, once it opens.
EcoSanghas: Training as a Group
How does the group pricing work?
This year, we’re keeping it simple. If you plan to do the training individually or with one other person, the registration fee is $54 (with the invitation to pay $108) to sponsor others lacking financial means. For those who will do the course as part of a group of three or more, the registration fee is $27 for each individual (honor system).
I don't have but would like to join or even lead an online group. What can I do?
How many people should be in a group?
As part of registration, specify “Online” in the “Group Name” field and then send an email to our Terry, our Sangha Farmer
with your interest in joining an online group. Meeting schedules will be coordinated by volunteer group leaders.
There is no set size to a group. Each participant in a group registers individually for the course at the group rate (see our explanation of registration fees)
. Generally speaking, groups of 6 to 10 work well but we encourage you to do what will be most effective for your community.
I don't see my question. Now what?
Our small staff of volunteers is doing our best, but at this time we are unable to answer all of the e-mails we are receiving. We ask that you check this FAQ and the discussion forums and only if your question isn’t answered there, send us your question at email@example.com and we’ll do our best to get back to you.