EcoSattva Training FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
This is the list of frequently asked questions pertaining to One Earth Sangha’s EcoSattva Training.
What if I'm not familiar with Buddhism and/or don't have a mindfulness practice?
Without exception, everyone is invited to be a part of this training. Our only criteria for participation with others is that you engage the material with a sense of curiosity and thoroughly respect differing points of view.
Is there a deadline? Will my account or access to the materials expire?
You can run the training with your group anytime for up to ten months after the launch of the training. Only after July 31, 2018 will your account will expire.
What is included in registration?
Are transcripts of the sessions available?
- Access to all session materials on the Course Resources page. After registration, you’ll be given a link to create an account on our site. Once you log in, you’ll be able to access all course materials which include session videos, “homework” to prepare you for the session, practices, and optional follow-up resources.
- All course materials will still be available to all registered users for the following 10 months, until July 31, 2018.
- We invite you to reach out to members of your local community or to form an online group to do the training together. Group members receive a discount on registration. Learn more about groups and create one here.
We are grateful to volunteers who transcribe sessions. If you are interested, learn more here
. As they become available, transcripts of each session will be posted on our Course Resources page.
Where can I find the videos, homework and other resources for the course?
I'm having difficulty playing a session's videos. What do I do?
Once you’ve registered, you’ll have access to our Course Resources page
where all materials, including session videos, will be available.
Since these videos are such large files, they’re especially vulnerable to any network interruptions. Try replaying the session again as a new file.
Registration Fees and Dana
How much does this training cost?
What if I can't afford the registration fee?
Will there be an opportunity to contribute Dana (donations)?
Through the generosity of our community, scholarship rates are available. Our goals is to have no one turned away from this course for lack of finances.
Learn more and apply for a scholarship rate
We invite you to engage in the practice of Dana, or generosity, to support the teachers of these trainings and the work of One Earth Sangha. Each individual session page provides a link to make a donation.
EcoSanghas: Training as a Group
How does the group pricing work?
Does everyone in our in-person group need to register?
The Training is better together! Members of registered groups can pay a reduced rate. Group leaders or facilitators can register their group here
and, if you chose, the group name will be listed on our registration form for members to select and pay at that rate. Groups need only three members to qualify and can be open for anyone to join through our directory.
While it’s easy enough to share the materials and video with others in your in-person group who are not registered, we request that all who participate in more than one session go ahead and register for the training. This helps us understand the reach of our training and improve future offerings. If anyone lacks financial means, we are providing scholarship support (see the application here).
I don't have an online or in-person group but would like to join or even lead one. What can I do?
How many people should be in a group?
Find a an online or in-person group on our Groups Directory
. If you don’t see what that works iwth your schedule, consider creating one! Register your group
here and consider listing it on our groups directory to attract members.
Groups must be 3 or more to qualify for the group rate. If your group doesn’t find three members, we’ll contact you and invite you to combine with other online groups.
Can group members get scholarships too?
To receive the group member rate, your group need have only three members. After that, there is no set size to a group. Each participant in a group registers individually for the course at the group rate (see our explanation of registration fees)
. Groups of 6 to 10 work well but we encourage you to do what will be most effective for your community.
How might I structure group meeting time?
Yes, if the group rate is not affordable, group members can apply for scholarship support. Since the discounts cannot be combined, individuals should apply for the full amount of support needed
. Apply for a scholarship
before you register for the class. If your scholarship application is approved, you will receive a “Discount Code” to use on the registration form (again, since discounts cannot be combined, you won’t need the group discount code).
Because the sessions are two hours in length, it can be challenging to fit both listening, breakout groups and discussion into a 2 or 2½ hour meeting. Here are some suggestions:
- Ahead of the meeting, participants will ideally review the session homework.
- If you have quite a lot of time for your meeting, you might be able to view the full session video together. If you have less time, you might agree that participants view to all or part of the video ahead of the meeting.
- Inquiries with suggested instructions are detailed on each session page. You might explore the inquiries in groups of 2 or 3 people, or as a full group.
- After the meeting, participants can on their own pursue the follow-up resources and perhaps bring those reflections back to the group the next week.
- You might also encourage participants to share with the full Sangha of EcoSattva Training participants by posting their reflections on any aspect of the session (homework, webinar, practices or follow-up resources) on the session page discussion.
I don't see my question. Now what?
We have a small staff of volunteers doing our best, and will try to answer all of the e-mails we are receiving. We ask that you check this FAQ and the discussion forums and only if your question isn’t answered there, send us your question at gro.a1580003582hgnas1580003582htrae15800035821@tce1580003582nnoc1580003582
and we’ll do our best to get back to you.