"Tenets" full post widget
Working, as on homepage.
We need not shrink from this world. We can be in meaningful relationship with Earth, taking what is wholesome and joyfully reciprocating.
"Featured Calls to Action" full post widget
Featured Action Organizations
- Indigenous Climate Action: a coalition out of Ottawa, Canada seeking solutions to climate change by building a movement of Indigenous communities. Join them in asking City National Bank and the Royal Bank of Canada to stop violating Indigenous rights and fueling climate chaos.
- Banco de Basques: a Patagonia grantee based in Argentina advocating for a change in the way natural resources are managed, campaigning to create national parks while fighting deforestation, poaching, and dams. (en Español)
- EarthJustice: a San Francisco-based nonprofit environmental law firm wielding law and partnerships to protect people’s health, to preserve magnificent places and wildlife, to advance clean energy, and to combat climate change. In their words, they are here “because the earth needs a good lawyer.” Check out their action alerts here.
Featured Calls to Action
- Take one of the many steps listed on Stop the Money Pipeline’s current calls to action. Some of these are ongoing and some are time-sensitive; check back regularly for updates or join their newsletter (linked at the bottom of the page) to stay current.
- U.S.-based Interfaith Power and Light shares upcoming actions on their Public Policy Page.
- Stop the Money Pipeline: Send a letter to executives at big banks asking them to reconsider their funding of the Mountain Valley Pipeline
- People v. Fossil Fuels – Tell the Biden administration: No new fossil fuel leases on our federal lands and waters.
- The David Suzuki Foundation offers comprehensive resources for engagement at the local government level. View guides on assessing your local government’s climate plan and working with local leaders on climate action. You can also check out their Act Locally page.
- Take a step from Don’t Look Up’s resource page. Click on a step and scroll down to see some helpful tips for each one.
- Check out WECAN’s recommended actions for governments and financial institutions that came out of Stockholm+50. Reach out to your local governments and financial institutions and urge them to adopt these changes swiftly. More resources from the conference here.
- Stop the Money Pipeline: