One Earth Sangha’s mission is to bring the essential wisdom and practices from the Buddhist tradition to collective engagement on critical ecological crises. We are founded upon the premise that the Dharma’s potential to inspire, inform, and guide engagement on eco-social issues is both vast and unrealized.
Our writer / editor will play a critical role in communicating about our offerings with current and potential members of our community.
In collaboration with our team, the writer / editor will
- Develop descriptions of our current and upcoming EcoDharma programs
- Develop short introductions to or descriptions of EcoDharma articles for our website, emails, and social media channels
- Work with the director to develop copy for our monthly newsletter
- Work with staff and volunteers to identify existing as well as develop ideas for new EcoDharma content
- Contribute to the tools and processes that support our team in transparency, collaboration and efficiency (e.g., policies, best-practices, tracking tools, etc.)
Qualified candidates will have
- Passion for the power of mindfulness and/or Dharma practice.
- Passion for developing meaningful responses to ecological and social justice issues.
- Developed awareness of and demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Ability to represent the perspective and, with both nuance and creativity, “speak in the voice” of One Earth Sangha
- Strong communication skills: able to effectively communicate ideas and feedback, in both spoken and written form, in ways that serve our mission and build the team.
- Proficiency with online technologies including Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets, task management systems, Zoom, etc.
One Earth Sangha is actively broadening the perspectives that contribute to our mission. We highly encourage candidates with non-dominant identities and lived experiences, especially those who are Black, Indigenous, or other persons of color.
- Part time: 5 to 10 hours / week
- Collaboration: online
- Location: anywhere whose time zone is within three hours of US Eastern Time
- The writer/editor will provide their own computer, phone, phone service, and reliable internet connection.
- If the writer/editor identifies as Black, Indigenous, or a Person of Color, one-on-one mentorship and support is available from one of our Guiding Teachers of color.