Who We Are
The mission of One Earth Sangha is to support humanity in a transformative response to ecological crises based on the insights and practices of the Buddhist tradition. Through our Virtual EcoDharma Center, we are here to inspire, inform, and guide our members in actions that will end ecological violence. We assert that engagement is, on the one hand, essential to the spiritual path and, on the other hand, more effective and sustainable when grounded in transformative insight and authentic compassion.
We also aspire to skillfully challenge contemporary convert-Dharma culture and practices. We suggest that because the predominant Dharma traditions in the West are embedded in consumerist, mililarist, hyperindividualist, white supremacist, and species-ist culture, they will have a tendency to replicate and empower these cultural patterns. Yet the Dharma itself teaches self-scrutiny. As practitioners, we can welcome challenges to what we take to be reality, to what we view as “the way things are.” This endless Dharma never lets us off the hook and yet always offers a way forward.
We invite you to learn more about our mission, strategy, and history here: About Us
Duties and Responsibilities
We’re always adding new material to our website to support our community’s engaged practice. We’re looking for a web production volunteer to help us:
- Add, maintain, and format page content on our Wordpress platform.
- Monitor the front end of our website for stale content and other issues, and suggest improvements.
- Design, build, and maintain forms with the Gravity Forms tool for program registration and other purposes.
- Some experience with web editing, image manipulation, and layout is a must.
- Familiarity with WordPress and HTML is very helpful but not strictly essential.
- Experience with form building, especially the Gravity Forms tool, is a plus.
- Volunteer: 2-3 hours/week
- Collaboration: online
- Touch Point for Coordination: Director
How to Apply
Interested applicants should use the button below and complete the application form that follows.