Who We Are
The mission of One Earth Sangha is to support humanity in a transformative response to ecological crises based on the insights and practices of the Buddhist tradition. Through our Virtual EcoDharma Center, we are here to inspire, inform, and guide our members in actions that will end ecological violence. We assert that engagement is, on the one hand, essential to the spiritual path and, on the other hand, more effective and sustainable when grounded in transformative insight and authentic compassion.
We also aspire to skillfully challenge contemporary convert-Dharma culture and practices. We suggest that because the predominant Dharma traditions in the West are embedded in consumerist, mililarist, hyperindividualist, white supremacist, and species-ist culture, they will have a tendency to replicate and empower these cultural patterns. Yet the Dharma itself teaches self-scrutiny. As practitioners, we can welcome challenges to what we take to be reality, to what we view as “the way things are.” This endless Dharma never lets us off the hook and yet always offers a way forward.
We invite you to learn more about our mission, strategy, and history here: About Us
Duties and Responsibilities
Video makes up a large part of One Earth Sangha’s EcoDharma program offerings. We are looking for a videographer to help us:
- Film and edit footage in a way that inspires our community.
- Potentially edit recordings of live Zoom programs (such as our EcoDharma Explorations) or pre-recorded video offerings in our EcoSattva Training.
- Experience and expertise with digital videography and editing.
- Willingness to learn and help develop One Earth Sangha’s visual style.
- Passion for environmental justice and interest in the Dharma are strong pluses.
- No need to live in Washington, D.C., just in a compatible time zone.
- Volunteer: 1-3 hours/week
- Collaboration: online
- Touch Point for Coordination: Director and/or EcoDharma Program Manager
How to Apply
Interested applicants should use the button below and complete the application form that follows.