The mission of One Earth Sangha is to support humanity in a transformative response to ecological crises based on the insights and practices of the Buddhist tradition. Through our Virtual EcoDharma Center, we are here to inspire, inform, and guide our members in actions that will end ecological violence.
One Earth Sangha is seeking a social media specialist to develop and implement content for One Earth Sangha across social media platforms. You will create and schedule posts across platforms, track engagement, and work with the One Earth Sangha team to promote, as well as help develop and improve our social media strategy.
Our need is for 5-7 hours per week of social media work.
1. Social Media Posting (~60%)
- Create and schedule posts to ensure that each social media account has content posted each day.
- Work together with the Director to publicize articles, videos, events, online courses, and action oriented campaigns.
- Create visual images using Canva and Photoshop, or similar programs.
- Monitor news and partners’ social media content to form relationships with others in the field, identify important thought leaders and organizations, and share content that is relevant to our followers in the realm of EcoDharma.
2. Social Media Strategy Development and Implementation (~40%)
- Work together with the Director to assess social media accounts, including engagement, followers, conversion rates, etc.
- Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and engagement metrics for various content and across platforms.
- Track and report on social media analytics on a weekly basis.
- Collaborate with the Director to update and implement social media strategies for campaigns, boosted posts and social media ads, and some community management.
- At least 1-2 years of experience social media or digital engagement
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to distill ideas into short copy for a social media audience
- Ability to learn and write in the voice of One Earth Sangha
- Basic photo/image editing skills, experience using Canva and Adobe Photoshop, or a similar program
- Understanding of strategy and dynamics of various social media channels
- Experience working as part of a team to deliver web content and/or social media results as part of a larger communications strategy.
- EITHER: An understanding of Buddhism, especially in relation to EcoDharma or engaged practice;
- AND/OR: A strong understanding of environmental issues – including, but not limited to, climate change, sustainable lifestyles, fossil fuel divestment, renewable energy, environmental justice, and other environmental issues.
- One Earth Sangha is actively broadening the perspectives that contribute to our mission. We highly encourage, and will prioritize, candidates with non-dominant identities and lived experiences, especially those who are Black, Indigenous, or other persons of color.
Please send the following to :
- A cover letter describing your interest, qualifications and vision
- A sample of representative work in the form of links to social media posts and/or channels
- An up-to-date resume