As of March 6, 2022, applications for this position are closed. New opportunities will be announced on our Join Our Team page as they become available.
One Earth Sangha’s mission is to bring the essential wisdom and practices from the Buddhist tradition to collective engagement on critical ecological crises. We are founded upon the premise that the Dharma’s potential to inspire, inform, and guide engagement on eco-social issues is both vast and unrealized.
The EcoDharma Program Manager will play a central role in the design, development, and delivery of our EcoDharma Programs. Our flagship program is the EcoSattva Training, an eight-session online course anchored by a diverse set of Dharma teachers and designed for small group participation. We are now developing new, complimentary programming to support ongoing engagement, practice, and connection around particular EcoDharma themes. We are seeking a program manager to take the lead on this full set of online offerings.
As we continue to broaden the perspectives that contribute to our mission, we highly encourage applications from candidates with non-dominant identities and lived experiences, especially those who are Black, Indigenous, or other persons of color, as well as younger candidates.
In collaboration with our team, the program manager will
- Manage One Earth Sangha’s online EcoDharma Programs, including schedule and budget.
- Identify, recruit, coordinate with, and prepare featured guests.
- Collaborate with teachers and staff on content themes.
- Work with teachers and staff to develop and produce session materials.
- Take the lead on promoting programs with assistance from team members.
- Develop tools and processes to support transparency, collaboration and efficiency (e.g., policies, best-practices, tracking tools, etc.)
Qualified candidates will have
- Passion for the transformative potential for Mindfulness and/or Dharma traditions.
- Passion for developing meaningful responses to ecological and social justice issues.
- Developed awareness of and demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Strong organizational skills: proficiency in developing and administering processes that are collaborative and efficient.
- Experience in and enthusiasm for running small projects or programs.
- Attention to detail and follow-through: able to detect, prioritize, and resolve issues.
- Strong communication skills: able to effectively communicate ideas and feedback, in both spoken and written form, in ways that serve agreed-upon objectives and build the team.
- Proficiency with online technologies including Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets, task management systems, Zoom, etc.
Highly-qualified candidates will have
- Love for the Dharma and a sense of its potential role in meeting eco-social crises.
- Experience running medium to large projects or programs.
- 27 to 32 hours / week
- Compensation range: $35,000 – $42,000 / year, commensurate with experience and based on hours / week.
- Benefits: Medical insurance, optional dental and vision coverage, paid time off (vacation, holiday, and sick leave).
- Location: anywhere whose time zone is within three hours of US Eastern Time. This position is 100% remote, with possible exceptions for in-person conferences and events.
- The program manager will provide their own computer, phone, phone service, and reliable internet connection.
- If the program manager identifies as Black, Indigenous, or a Person of Color, one-on-one mentorship and support is available from one of our Guiding Teachers of color.