One Earth Sangha’s mission is to bring the essential wisdom and practices from the Buddhist tradition to collective engagement on critical ecological crises. We are founded upon the premise that the Dharma’s potential to inspire, inform, and guide engagement on eco-social issues is both vast and unrealized.
We are currently seeking a part-time staff fundraising/donor relations assistant who will help us manage our relationships with our foundation partners and individual donors, contribute to developing our fundraising strategy, and collaborate on writing grant proposals and reports.
As we continue to broaden the perspectives that contribute to our mission, we highly encourage applications from candidates with non-dominant identities and lived experiences, especially those who are Black, Indigenous, or other persons of color, as well as younger candidates.
One Earth Sangha is a fiscally sponsored project of Inquiring Systems, Inc., a 501(c)(3) corporation registered in California, USA. As such, Inquiring Systems is the employer of record for all One Earth Sangha staff. Neither One Earth Sangha nor Inquiring Systems discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, or any other non-merit factor.
The fundraising/donor relations assistant will
- Coordinate with the director on identifying potential foundation partners, writing grant proposals and reports, and managing our relationships with our institutional supporters
- Manage our existing individual donation process, including monitoring our donation processing tools and making improvements when necessary
- Coordinate our annual year-end donation campaign, including messaging and tracking progress toward goals
- On a yearly basis, synthesize all donation data for the previous year and send acknowledgments to our donors
- Engage our donors in ways that make them feel appreciated and included in our mission
Qualified candidates will have
- Passion for communication and collaboration.
- Developed awareness of and demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Some experience with fundraising initiatives and systems.
- Some familiarity with grant proposal and reporting processes.
- A high degree of comfort with data management systems, particularly Google sheets.
- Part-time staff: 10-12 hours/week
- Collaboration: online
- Location: anywhere whose time zone is within three hours of US Eastern Time
- The Fundraising/Donor Relations Assistant will provide their own computer, phone, phone service, and reliable internet connection.
- If the Fundraising/Donor Relations Assistant identifies as Black, Indigenous, or a Person of Color, one-on-one mentorship and support is available from one of our Guiding Teachers of color.